The Treasure of
“Today’s the Day!”
- Mel Fisher, discoverer of the Atocha shipwreck treasure
Is today YOUR day to find The Treasure of St. Augustine?
Come join the Hunt—if you dare!
how to play
Treasure Hunt Rules, Operations and Features:
As a Treasure Hunt Player, you will follow our Treasure Hunt through beautiful, historic downtown St. Augustine.
Players will encounter 3 types of clues on our Treasure Hunt. Some clues will be answered by scanning a QR code at a particular location, some by filling in the blank and some will be multiple choice.
The Treasure Hunt will take you to loads of fun and interesting locations. You will see a combination of St. Augustine’s historic, public locations and private businesses and attractions. You will enjoy learning history as well as where to go to eat, visit, shop and enjoy!
You Treasure Hunt begins and ends at the St. Augustine Shipwreck Museum & Gallery, located at:
46 Charlotte Street
St. Augustine, FL 32084
Open 10a to 5p, last admission at 4:45p
Your 72-hour clock begins with your purchase of your Treasure Hunt. Your Treasure Hunt ends and any unused virtual coins are forfeited at the end of the 72-hour clock.
Please follow these guidelines to keep you and all around you safe and to help you on your Treasure Hunt!
Remember this rhyme to bring you some ease…
Moss grows on the NORTH side of trees.
The Sun rises in the EAST and sets in the WEST.
The Birds know to do what’s best
In the winter SOUTH they fly!
And if something is close, it’s also NIGH.
Your safety and the safety of others is paramount. You participate in this Treasure Hunt at your own risk. Take every care and precaution to maintain safety at all times!
- Do not jump fences or enter private property. No part of this Treasure Hunt will require this and again, safety first.
- QR codes will be visible from the street/sidewalk. It is not necessary to enter an establishment to scan a QR Code.
- Do not change direction during a clue unless directed to do so.
- Obey streetlights, street signs, all laws and always use crosswalks and common sense. Remember, safety first!
- Read ALL historic signs/plaques you come upon.
- Some clues will be within a few feet of each other. Some will be several blocks apart.
- We highly recommend that you view this Treasure Hunt in landscape mode. It your view seems off on your mobile device, please switch to landscape view for the best experience.
- Please make sure your mobile device is fully charged and/or that you have mobile charge available to you.
- You may want to disable autocorrect on your device.
Players will be directed to the next location once successfully submitting the answer to a clue. If a Player answers a clue incorrectly, the Player can “Try Again” but that will mean that Player can only earn up to ½ of the virtual coins for that clue, should their second answer be correct. If a Player is stuck on a clue and cannot figure it out, the Player can skip that clue and the Player will be given the coordinates with a photo of the next clue. Proceed to that location to continue. Players will not receive virtual coins for skipped clues.
Upon solving a clue correctly, Players will receive a cache of virtual coins into their St. Augustine Treasure Hunt account. Earn as many as you can! These virtual coins can be redeemed at the St. Augustine Shipwreck Museum for fun and valuable prizes!
Earn as many virtual coins as you can by answering the clues correctly! These virtual coins can be redeemed for fun and valuable prizes! After you have completed your Treasure Hunt, please bring your mobile device and come to the St. Augustine Shipwreck Museum and Gallery during our business hours of 10am and 5pm. The Museum is located at:
46 Charlotte Street
St. Augustine Florida, 32084
Phone ~ 904-217-0655
Open 10a to 5p (last admission at 4:45pm)
Prizes to Choose from:
- Mystery Prize – 500 virtual coins
- Commemorative or replica coin of the Month – 1,250 virtual coins
- Select 1 of 18 treasure chests, each filled with either a commemorative coin, a reproduction coin or a cash prize! – 2500 virtual coins